Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mae's Musings

My neighbor put a "No Soliciting" sign on her front door due to several people coming by trying to sell "stuff" lately. Mae and I went over the other day. As we stood at the door step waiting for a reply to our doorbell ring, she inquired about the sign. I explained to her what it meant. Simple as that, she seemed satisfied. A few days later at dinner time the phone rang. Rusty got up to answer. As he stood silently listening with phone in hand, Mae asked who it was on the line. I told her it was probably a telemarketer. "What's that?" she asked. "A person trying to sell something," I told her. "They're soliciting!" Mae replied.

I thought I was going to spit my water across the room.

When Rusty finally got off the phone he asked what all the fuss was about. I told him what Mae had just said, and he says, " Oh yea! She asked me the other day what that sign meant on the neighbors door."

Mae then quipped, " Yeah, well....Mama already told me what it meant. I was just checking to see if you knew."


She is so funny, that girl. And smart!!

2 comments:

maribeth said...

that is hysterical!! i was laughing out loud! rusty better stay on his toes with her around!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! That was truly funny!!!! Thanks for the laugh!