Monday, November 10, 2008

You're A Grand Old Flag!

Today the Sahuarita Primary Kindergarten classes had a program for veterans. They only sang a few songs. The Sahuarita High School Drum line came and played as well. The color guard displayed the flags. It was a very short and very sweet little program. I loved it.

I don't know why...call it being a mother...but I cry every time I hear my children sing. I always do it, and I always feel so embarassed. Here I am sitting on wooden bleachers boo hooing to "The Grand Old Flag".

Oh well....I'm sure I wasn't the only one sitting in those bleachers shedding a tear.

Happy Veteran's Day!!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Anne! I am so glad to know I am not the only weepy person. The combo of the flag and children singing would have done me in. I get choked up when the National Anthem is sung at a ball game!