Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mountains






Ok.... I know you can't see it well. Probably not at all. But, there's snow on the mountains! The other day we had a cold front come in. A few areas around town got a few inches that melted almost as fast as it fell. All the mountains got it, though. The good part about getting snow on the mountains is you get to enjoy the beauty of the snow without the actual mess of it. These pictures don't do it justice. The snow covered mountains were absolutely beautiful.
These mountains haven't stopped amazing me. Everyday I think I discover something I haven't seen before. The sun may shine at a different angle, snow may fall, or the moon might rise from behind. Every time it's like seeing them for the first time. My favorite is seeing the same mountain range from a different part of town. It doesn't even have to be far. It could simply be from a friends yard a few streets over. They seem to take on a different meaning for me. A different point of view sometimes shows you something totally different and surprising. Looking at these wonderful mountains that God so gloriously created is truly inspiring.
I'll try and get some better pictures. I don't think that I will ever be able to truly grasp the beauty of these mountains in a picture or with words. So.....the only way for you to experience this wonderful phenomenon is to come out for yourself.
We've got plenty of room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Can't wait to see them in person. Selle