Saturday, December 13, 2008

Farewell My Friend

You wouldn't believe what has happened! I knew it was coming. My dear old friend is sick,deathly sick. She probably can't be revived. My computer has finally bit the bullet. The poor old dusty thing was on her last leg. Although she was missing the letter "x" she was a dear, dear friend of mine. We have been through so much together. So many memories. So many e-mails. So many blogs. So many searches. Oh well.... I guess it was her time. Rusty thinks he can revive her. If he can't he's going to take her into work to the computer nerds to see if they can resesitate her. Who knows? Do I hold out hope? Of course. There's always hope, right?

Well.. He assures me he can retrieve my pictures. (The main thing I want out of her.) I'll pray for at least that. Maybe soon she'll be replaced for a new shinier model. I'll always remember her though. My heart will always have a place for her.

Listen to me.... I speak as if she's already gone. Maybe Rusty will be able to do some magic (or at least the nerds he works with will). Who knows.

In the meantime, I'll have to wait until the evenings when Rusty gets home with his computer and it's high RAM....whatever that means...(show-off) to check my e-mail, look at facebook, and to write my blogs. It will be a sad, sad time.

But, let's all hold out hope and pray for a miracle as Rusty and his nerd friends to work their magic on my dear old "x" missing friend.

No comments: