Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Goodbye Pass!


We've done it! I can't believe it. After 2 and 1/2 years we did it! Will no longer has his pacifier, or pass as he so lovingly calls it!


We were down to two. I refused to buy another one. I think we left one in Tennessee, or on the airplane, or maybe it's in the bottom of my diaper bag...who knows. Anyway, we lost the last one Sunday night. Soooo... we had no choice but to put Will to bed without it. He cried for a little while. I went in and gave him his blanket and put the nose up to his nose.(Ok... the "nose" is what he calls the tag on his blanket. He likes to rub it on his nose and smell it) He stopped crying. I left, and he started crying again, but only for a few minutes. And that was it! Monday at nap he did pretty well. He cried and I went in and traded one Elmo for another. That seemed to do the trick. When Rusty put him to bed last night there was no crying at all!


Hooray! I think we've done it. I'm almost afraid to talk about it for fear it will all backfire on me.


I'll tell you this, though. I thought Will talked a lot before all this taking the pass away. Man, I can't even think straight for all the chatter going on. He talks about anything to anyone in earshot. We went to Wal-Mart yesterday and he proclaimed, "Hello, Wal-Mart! Hello, Friends!" as we walked up to the store. None of the customers entering or exiting seemed interested in conversing with this talkative little guy. I guess the roll back prices had their attention. He wished everyone a good-morning at the club house where I go work out, and he analyzed every car, bird, tree, house, and lack of Christmas decorations on our journeys throughout the day.


Oh well! I'll take it. I'm so glad this transition that I've dreaded for so long has been so easy.


Now...it's on to potty training. I'll let ya'll know how that's going later! Let's all pray that it will be just as easy!

2 comments:

maribeth said...

so jealous!! i think miller may take "bobby" to college! ha ha! i hope it continues!

Amy said...

Hi~
I found your blog through Jamies facebook. Ahhh-the days of ridding ourselves of the "mimi" I was greatful to only have one child attached to it. It is amazing though what they can communicate with those things in their mouth.