Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All things old are new again!




I love it when the children get really "into" something. Like Elmo when John Russel was 18 months and Shrek for Mae when she was 18 months. We've been through Care Bears, Hello Kitty, Spider Man, Bat Man, Transformers, Make-Up, Dress-Up Shoes... I could go on and on. A few things have held their charm like transformers and care bears. What's really fun for me is to relive some of the old fave's with Will. Elmo and Thomas both are really big right now. I am getting reacquainted to some old friends like Percy and Harold. It's funny the memories they bring back. It's especially funny to see Will drag the bucket of trains down stairs to my coffee table. You see, this is the exact same thing that John Russel used to do. I'm not sure if it's the scratches ingrained in the wood that Thomas and Friends made a few years ago drawing Will to this now sad piece of furniture or what, but this is his new favorite activity. He runs Thomas and Percy up and down the table making new tracks for their little wheels. I'm tired of fighting this useless battle. I lost it years ago with John Russel, so I've given up. I'm not sure what the appeal is of the coffee table. We have a perfectly good train table upstairs that was handed down to us. It gets some use but not near as much as ol' scratched up coffee!

It's fun to see Will get "into" something like his brother and sister. I love to see their little eyes light up when they see something they like. Its the stuff of great Christmas mornings. It takes me back to when I was little. I loved the baby aisle at the grocery store. Anything "baby" would get my heart a pumpin! I guess this is why I love to see this in my kids.

Whatever the reason, I love catering to their little obsessions. You never know when it all will end.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

oh... how sweet!

our current obsessions:
calliou
sesame street
laurie berkner DVD and CD

Sometimes I'm sure that if I have to listen to "river flow" one more time, I am going to lose my mind!