Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stir Crazy

*Look how little!*

I know that most of you have had these kind of weeks. The kind where you never leave the house. We are stuck at home....again. Will is feeling so much better, but his little tummy is not taking the antibiotics well. So, here we are at home. Rusty is playing in a golf tournament. The four of us are vegging out. Oh well, I guess it's good to stay home sometimes. Mae has a birthday party this afternoon. It's sad, but I can't wait to go. Any excuse to get out of this house!


Since Will has been sick, it takes me back to the days when John Russel and Mae were very little. They would always get sick at the same time. Can we say Double Diarrhea Duty! Oh My! How did I do it. As they have gotten older it all has become so much easier. They don't get sick as often, and when they do have diarrhea it's not in a diaper. Thank Goodness!!


Life is funny this way. God helps you forget all the hard times. I'm so grateful for this. My memories are filled with their sweet smiling faces and echos of laughter. Time has let those hard times slip from my head. It takes something like Will getting sick to bring them back to mind. As I ponder how in the world I did it, I suddenly remember. It was just like I do now, one day at a time! Pretty soon I won't even remember this little stint at home. It will be replaced with little smiling faces and hints of laughter.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

what a cute picture! hopefully, you'll be able to get out of the house soon!