Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anniversary

*The Workman Family in 2006*


Tomorrow is our anniversary. Rusty and I have been married for 10 years. A decade! How can that be. It seems like yesterday that William introduced us at the HORDE festival at Mud Island. We were so carefree and young. How could the years pass so fast. I guess it's because we've been so busy. We've had three children for heaven's sake. I think back on the people we were then. If I could whisper to that young girl that she would be a mother of three and living in Arizona in 10 years I think she would die of shock. It's so funny the places God takes you and the new person he molds you into being. I love this about God.





We have had a great marriage. I have been so blessed being married to such a wonderful man. We've definitely had our moments, but together we've handled them all, good and bad. We're better people and have a better marriage because of it. I'm so proud to be Rusty's wife, and I couldn't have dreamed of a better father for my children. I thank God everyday for bringing us together.





Living so far away from all of our extended family has offered many things for me. It has given me a chance to meet new people and see and do things I would have never had the chance to do. The one thing I'm most grateful for is the closeness it has brought to my little family. We don't have grandparents or sisters to call to watch the kids while we run an errand or go out to eat. We can't just drop by and have lunch or swim. We are on our own. While this is heartbreaking to us it has offered us a great gift. The gift of relying on each other. Oh, I can always call my mother when something is bothering me, but having only my husband to hug has brought us closer than I could have ever imagined.





I thank God everyday for everything in my life. Today I thank Him for a loving husband and a great marriage. May He continue to bless it and make it stronger everyday.

No comments: