Saturday, July 5, 2008

Your a Grand Old Flag!


Yesterday was filled with so much fun. We went on a little parade that went around the lake in our neighborhood. The kids were all decked out in their 4th of July best. It was at 7:00 am, due to hot weather. Little did I know that it was going to be so humid. "Humid," you may say, "You don't remember humid!" Well, I guess it wasn't that humid, but my body is not used to any moisture in the air, so any little bit combined with this hot sun just about steamed my skin off. I had forgotten how much my face sweats with the humidity! Oh, Well. It was fun for the children. We then had breakfast and it was back to the clubhouse in our neighborhood for fun and games. They had the little train out. (I think we took turns riding it with Will a total of 5 times!) They also had those bouncy slide things for the kids as well as face painting and air brushed tattoos. (John Russel of course had to get the biggest one tattoed to his neck) The kids had a blast while Rusty and I stood with our faces glowing from the sweat! After lunch and naps, we were off to a party that a guy from Rusty's work was having. The kids (all 4 including Rusty) went swimming and definitely livened up that party. Everyone was laughing and really amazed at how well they all took to the water. I think everyone was most amazed at the perfect form of Mae's cannon ball as she splashed into the pool soaking one of Rusty's co-workers in the process. Thank goodness they were a jovial bunch. They really did seem to enjoy all of the action brought forth by the Workman children, even though I wanted to crawl under the patio table and die. The host had cooked ribs and all the usual accompaniments were served. I have to say that's when I really missed home. All and all a good time was had by all. The kids were exhausted and went straight to sleep right at their usual bedtime. We didn't get to see any "live" fireworks, due to the monsoons creeping in, but we did see them on TV, much to Rusty's horror. (I think he would have been thrown underneath the jail here if he attempted his usual fireworks show)


We all had a great, fun day. It was nice spending the day with our family and new friends. Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: